JOB TITLE: LEGAL & ENFORCEMENT MANAGER
RREPORTS TO: DIRECTOR OF LEGAL & ENFORCEMENT
OVERALL FUNCTION: The legal and enforcement manager will be responsible for providing legal services and advice to the GCCPC and ensuring compliance with all relevant GCCPC legal instruments and the protection of the interests of the GCCPC.
In addition to the above generality the incumbent shall provide the following specific duties and responsibilities in support of the Director of Legal & enforcement.
- Prepare Legal advice on diverse substantial and procedural issues which may include those related to administrative, procurement, contracts and other operational matters.
- Perform extensive legal research and analysis and prepare opinions, studies, briefs and reports.
- Ensure that decisions of the GCCPC take due account of the relevant facts.
- Develop and implement relevant guidelines, procedures, manuals as required by the Competition Act 2007 and the Consumer Protection Act 2014.
- Ensure compliance by enterprises to the letter and spirit of the law and provide guidance to businesses on matters of compliance under the Competition and Consumer Protection Acts.
- Assist in negotiating and drafting undertakings, and ensure the accuracy of undertakings given by enterprises to the GCCPC.
- Keep an update on all key development or best practices matters regionally and internationally in Consumer Protection and Competition Law and recommend appropriate policy and legal reviews.
- Undertake any other tasks consistent with this job description as may be required or requested by the Executive Secretary.
- Excellent Technical Competence in handling legal/policy issues.
- Excellent Communication, Writing, and analytical skills.
- Ability to perform multiple tasks and work under pressure with a wide range of individuals and institutions.
- Maintain confidentiality of the highest level at all times.
- Creative thinking and problem solving skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Excellent computer skills.
- Knowledge of the Competition Act 2007 and the Consumer Protection Act 2014 is highly recommended.
- A minimum of a Bachelors of Law degree from a recognized University with strong bias towards Commercial, Contract, Competition or Consumer Protection Law.
- Professional Vocational qualification and enrolment as a Legal Practitioner in the Gambia.
- A Master’s degree in an appropriate discipline will be an added advantage.
- A minimum of 5 years of progressively relevant post-qualification experience in Law, including litigation, legal analysis, research and report writing
MODE OF APPLICATION
Interested Candidates are requested to send their applications to:
The Executive Secretary
The Gambia Competition and Consumer Protection Commission
36 Kotu East, Off Bertil Harding Highway The Gambia. Tel: 4466793/4466791
Closing date for the submission of applications is the 20th JULY 2018 at 12.00pm
Applicants should provide a detailed CV; cover letter, and copies of qualifications.
Only Short-listed candidates will be contacted.