The Gambia Competition and Consumer Protection Commission in collaboration with the Public Utilities Regulatory Authority (PURA) on Wednesday 15 March 2017 celebrated World Consumer Rights Day and the theme for this year was ‘Consumer Rights in the Digital Age’. In this regard, the day was commemorated in partnership with all ICT service providers alongside Consumer Associations.
The Celebration was centered on creating awareness and advocating on the following:
- Consumers Online Protection;
- Consumers Data Safety and;
- Consumers Rights & Responsibilities
The Event was celebrated in three phases on the day as follows:
- March Pass from Serrekunda Market through Kairaba Avenue and onto the Westfield Monument
- Good Will Statements from Consumer Protection Groups and The Minister of Information and Communication Infrastructure Demba A. Jawo at the Father Farrell Hall at Westfield Junction.
- Panel Discussion involving Consumer Groups, and Telecom operators at the Father Farrell Hall at Westfield